Thursday 5 January 2017

Fusion - 3rd Anniversary Challenge

Hello!

It's Fusion's 3rd Anniversary! Yay! To welcome in the New Year and to celebrate we've invited some friends to join us as Guest Designers and my guest is Therese Calvird, a fellow Australian who lives just down the road from me a couple of hours. We haven't met in person yet, but I think 2017 is the year! ;-)

To get started I'll share my card. I did some watercolouring and used both inspiration photo and sketch to create my card.
I used Altenew Beautiful Day stamps and coloured with Inktense pencils.
Next for Therese's gorgeous card.
Isn't that little fellow so cute?! I'm in love! Therese made a video for this one and you really should head over to her blog to check it out!

Thank-you for visiting today! I hope you're inspired to join us. I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery, it's sure to be a beauty with this lovely inspiration.

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

Pat said...

I adore your beautifully coloured flowers Michelle and then Therese's card with that cute and prettily coloured hedgehog is a great design. Thank you for the heads up about the slowness of mail in Australia. I have never had such a problem with mail to our son in the past and I sent two cards to areas of Sydney a few miles apart and one arrived within 2 weeks and the other to our son took about a week longer. I will have to be quicker off the mark in future. x

Pat said...

Sorry Michelle, I also meant to wish you a very happy and creative new year. x

I Card Everyone said...

I can hardly believe it's been a whole year ago that I was your guest for this birthday bash!!! I couldn't be happier that Therese is your guest this round ... love you both to pieces!
=]

Karren said...

Stunningly beautiful card, Michelle! The way you've framed that gorgeous flower is so effective and clever - love it!

~amy~ said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that is one gorgeous flower! beautiful card!

Michelle Lupton said...

I adore your flower card - yet another set that is on my wish list! LOL!

Linda said...

How wonderful to see Therese as your guest over at Fusion this month Michelle. Love both cards! The Altenew Beautiful Day stamp is always a winner and love the grey water coloured area around the flower.

cm said...

Michelle, this is one of *the* most gorgeous showcases of the Beautiful Day bloom that I've ever seen! I have this set and no way could I even come close to replicating what you've designed! Your colouring: breath taken away! Off to watch Therese's video; so glad you invited her as your guest. Hope that you'll have a chance to meet in person this year. I've met a few blogging friends in real life and oh my...incredible!
~carol

Aileen said...

Stunning card Michelle always love seeing Altenew flowers shown in all their glory and you sure have here. Coloured to perfection. And Therese's card is just amazing. Well done both of you.

lostinpaper said...

Thanks so much Michelle, I was so excited to be guest in this wonderful challenge, I can't believe it's been 3 years since it started! Congratulations and I can't wait to see how this 'fusion' inspires, it's going to be amazing, just like your card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card! I have been playing with that stamp set. I love the soft watercolour border. If this is the year for you and Therese to meet - can I be there too please!!!!

Kim S said...

Beautifully colored! The gray gives it so much dimension and I love the way you have squared off the edges.